Create a free website with academia using Markdown, Jupyter, or RStudio. Choose a beautiful color theme and build anything with the Page Builder - over 40 widgets, themes, and language packs included!
Check out the latest <strong>demo</strong> of what you’ll get in less than 10 minutes, or view the <strong>showcase</strong> of personal, project, and business sites.
- <strong>Setup academia</strong>
- <strong>Get Started</strong>
- View the documentation
- Ask a question
- Request a feature or report a bug
- Updating? View the Update Guide and Release Notes
- Support development of academia:
<img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gcushen/hugo-academia/master/academia.png" alt="Screenshot">
- Page builder - Create anything with <strong>widgets</strong> and <strong>elements</strong>
- Edit any type of content - Blog posts, publications, talks, slides, projects, and more!
- Create content in <strong>Markdown</strong> , <strong>Jupyter</strong> , or <strong>RStudio</strong>
- Plugin System - Fully customizable <strong>color</strong> and <strong>font themes</strong>
- Display Code and Math - Code highlighting and LaTeX math supported
- Integrations - Google Analytics , Disqus commenting , Maps, Contact Forms, and more!
- Beautiful Site - Simple and refreshing one page design
- Industry-Leading SEO - Help get your website found on search engines and social media
- Media Galleries - Display your images and videos with captions in a customizable gallery
- Mobile Friendly - Look amazing on every screen with a mobile friendly version of your site
- Multi-language - 15+ language packs including English, 中文, and Português
- Multi-user - Each author gets their own profile page
- Privacy Pack - Assists with GDPR
- Stand Out - Bring your site to life with animation, parallax backgrounds, and scroll effects
- One-Click Deployment - No servers. No databases. Only files.
academia comes with day (light) and night (dark) mode built-in. Click the sun/moon icon in the top right of the Demo to see it in action!
Choose a stunning color and font theme for your site. Themes are fully customizable and include:
- academia Admin : An admin tool to import publications from BibTeX or import assets for an offline site
- academia Scripts : Scripts to help migrate content to new versions of academia
You can choose from one of the following four methods to install:
- <strong>one-click install using your web browser (recommended)</strong>
- install on your computer using <strong>Git</strong> with the Command Prompt/Terminal app
- install on your computer by downloading the <strong>ZIP files</strong>
- install on your computer with <strong>RStudio</strong>
Then personalize and deploy your new site .
Feel free to star the project on Github to help keep track of updates .
Copyright 2016-present George Cushen .
Released under the MIT license.